Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cornwall Coastal Walk and Bus Day 5 Penzance to St Ives

Woke to a glorious day with massively sore feet. The pavement mission of the day before certainly done some damage. My mission today is to head to St Michaels Mount and that will require walking a couple of kms to the bus stop. It was a rather slow jaunt but I made it. Alex an German girl came for the adventure so it was nice to have company. Unfortunately when we got to the Island of St Michaels Mount the castle was closed on Saturdays. Bugger!!! After exploring around a bit we decided to walk along the beach towards Penzance and head back to the backpackers so I can then head to St Ives. After a long bus ride via Truro to St Ives I was nice to be in company of people I meet on the first visit. I dumped my pack and went for a wonder around. The place was packed. People every where. I suppose it was expected as it was Easter break. Meet a half a dozen Kiwis out on the wharf so we headed to the Sloop Inn this time I brought a cap. Hit the booze there and continued on at the backpackers. What a night.


On the way to St Michaels Mount

St Michaels Mount
Monkey Man
http://www.raggedtrouseredphilanthropists.co.uk/
Saw these guys perform in a pub later on and what an performance it was well worth it. Check out there website.
St Ives
St Ives
St Ives Busker with amp-ed harp and it sounded choice.

No comments: